Last updated: December 12, 2017
By submitting a post to the National NSSLHA Blog, you acknowledge that you have read and are bound by this agreement, as well as any other National NSSLHA usage agreements that may govern your conduct.
You are legally responsible for your commentary, whether in the form of a post, comment, or content submitted in any manner. You can be held personally liable for any commentary deemed to be defamatory, obscene (not swear words, but rather the legal definition of “obscene”), proprietary, or libelous (whether pertaining to National NSSLHA, individuals, or any other entity). For these reasons, you should exercise caution with regards to exaggeration, colorful language, guesswork, obscenity, copyrighted materials, legal conclusions, and derogatory remarks or characterizations. You blog or post on the blogs of others at your own risk, since outside parties can pursue legal action against you (not National NSSLHA) for such postings.
You understand that all content posted to the National NSSLHA Blog is the sole responsibility of the individual who originally posted the content. All opinions expressed by users of this site are expressed strictly in their individual capacities, and do not represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of National NSSLHA or any of its affiliated organizations.
You agree that National NSSLHA will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss of damage of any kind incurred as a result of any content posted on this site. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
While we believe in free speech, National NSSLHA reserves the right in its discretion to refuse to post, edit, revise, or take down any post, comment, or content on the blog. As a general matter, you may post content to the National NSSLHA Blog and to those of others, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy, or otherwise injurious or objectionable.
You may not use the National NSSLHA name to endorse or promote any product, opinion, cause, or political candidate. Representation of your personal opinions as institutionally endorsed by National NSSLHA or any of its affiliated organizations is strictly prohibited.
By posting content to the National NSSLHA Blog, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to that content, including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input, or submit the content, or that your use of the content is a protected fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly or with intent to defraud provide material and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the content you supply does not violate these Terms, and that you will indemnify and hold National NSSLHA harmless for any and all claims resulting from content you supply.
You acknowledge that National NSSLHA has the right to remove, in its sole discretion, any content that it considers violating these Terms or any other National NSSLHA terms or agreements that may govern your use of National NSSLHA’s networks.
Blog postings may generate media coverage. If a member of the media contacts you about a National NSSLHA Blog posting or requests National NSSLHA information of any kind, please contact the National NSSLHA Office at email@example.com.
Blogger Code of Conduct
To guide you, National NSSLHA offers the following Blogger Code of Conduct:
- Strive to be authentic and honest in all of your communications so our community knows that you say what you mean forthrightly, and mean what you say.
- Disclose who you are, who you work for, and any other relevant affiliations.
- Clarify which posts or comments are your own opinions versus an official corporate statement.
- Be responsible for what you write. Remember that just because you “can” say something doesn’t mean that you should. Publish as fact only that which you believe to be true. If your statement is speculation, say so. If you have reason to believe that something is not true, either don’t post it, or note your reservations. When you make an assertion, do so in good faith; state it as fact only if, to the best of your knowledge, it is so.
- If material exists online, link to online references and original source materials directly.
- Respect copyright, fair use, disclosure laws, and other intellectual property rights.
- Be respectful to your company, National NSSLHA, members, employees, clients, customers, partners, and competitors. Disagree with others’ opinions respectfully.
- Respect your audience. Don’t use ethnic slurs, personal insults, obscenity, or other objectionable language. Show proper consideration for their privacy and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory.
- Don’t cite or reference members, clients, partners, suppliers, or others without their prior agreement and approval.
- Write each entry as if it could not be changed; you can add to, but do not rewrite any entry.
- Acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly. Use notations to show where you have made changes so as to maintain the integrity of your original post.
- Respect your employer’s and National NSSLHA’s confidential and proprietary information. Understand and honor when your company or National NSSLHA asks that topics not be discussed for confidentiality or legal compliance reasons.
- Disclose any conflict of interest, affiliations, activities, and personal agendas.
Rights in the Content You Submit
Default Creative Commons Public License
Unless you specify otherwise, any and all works of authorship copyrightable by you and posted by you to the National NSSLHA Blog (“content”) are submitted under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. Under this license, you permit anyone to copy, distribute, display, transmit, and remix your content, royalty-free, on the condition that they credit your authorship each time they do so. You also permit others to distribute derivative works of your content, but only if they do so under the same license that governs your original content.
Please read the full text of the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Amongst other things, this license permits RSS aggregators to copy, distribute, display, and perform any content on the blog that National NSSLHA syndicates using RSS. All content on the National NSSLHA Blog is syndicated for RSS aggregation.
When publicly displaying, publicly performing, reproducing, or distributing copies of your content, or content as incorporated into a collective work, National NSSLHA will make reasonable efforts to credit your authorship.
You grant National NSSLHA the right to publicly display, reproduce, and distribute copies of your content, either along, as a collective work, or in any manner. You further grant express permission to use your name for attribution purposes. National NSSLHA may, in its discretion, make efforts to credit your authorship, but has no obligation to do so. You agree to represent yourself accurately. You acknowledge that misrepresentation may lead National NSSLHA, in our sole discretion, to cancel your use of National NSSLHA services and delete any of your content.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. National NSSLHA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the site’s operation or the information, content, or materials included on this site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, National NSSLHA hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. National NSSLHA will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use this site. You expressly agree that you use this site solely at your own risk.
National NSSLHA reserves the right to change, at any time, at our sole discretion, the Terms under which these Services are offered. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms. Your continued use of the Services constitutes your agreement to all such Terms.